- New Cars
- New Cars
- Electric & Hybrid
- Electric & Hybrid
- New Vans
- New Vans
- Used Cars
When you visit our Website we issue a "cookie" file which is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information. Cookies enable us to: improve the use of our Website; to recognise your computer; to store settings to help facilitate your use of our Website; and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
If your computer is configured to accept cookies we will be able to provide time saving functionality such as the ability to pre-fill the enquiry forms with your details, thus preventing the need to re-input them each time you need to contact us.
Third Party Cookies
We also use third party cookies on our Website for various purposes, examples detailed below:
Automatic Logging of Session Data
We automatically log generic information about your computer and your computer's connection to the Internet which we call "session data". Session data consists of things such as device information, IP address, operating system and browser software information, and the activities conducted by you while on our Website. An IP address is a number that lets computers attached to the Internet, such as our web servers, know where to send data back to the user, such as the pages of the Website the user wishes to view. We collect session data because it helps us to analyse such things as what items visitors are likely to click on most, the way visitors are clicking through the Website, how many visitors are surfing to various pages on the Website, how long visitors to the Website are staying and how often they are visiting. It also helps us diagnose problems with our servers and lets us better administer our systems. It is possible to determine from an IP address a visitor's Internet Service provider (ISP) and the approximate geographical location of his or her point of connectivity. We also use session data to help prevent fraud and unauthorised use of our Website.
For further information on cookies or for details on how to delete them or refuse their installation on your computer, please visit http://www.aboutcookies.org/
List of example cookies used on our site:
|Company||3rd Party Generated Cookie||System||Cookie Name||Cookie Type||Purpose / How we use|
|Autotrader UK||N||Auto Trader Dealer Websites||_dws_sessionstate||Session||Stores mobile / desktop preference, search parameters, some navigation context, call tracker referrer code, category and category title context|
|Yahoo||Y||Auto Trader Dealer Websites||DWS_RT||Session||Boomerang tracks website response times|
|Autotrader UK||N||Auto Trader Dealer Websites||dwsUserFinance||Session||Stores user preference relating to vehicle finance quotes|
|Autotrader UK||N||Auto Trader Dealer Websites||cooktest632194||Persistent||eVisit checking website has permission to write cookies|
|eVisit||Y||Auto Trader Dealer Websites||ID_S22923||Persistent||eVisit web tracking|
|eVisit||Y||Auto Trader Dealer Websites||ID_P22923||Persistent||eVisit web tracking|
|Autotrader UK||Y||Auto Trader Dealer Websites||ID_P22923||Persistent||Web tracking|
|Y||Auto Trader Dealer Websites||VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE||Persistent||YouTube|
|Y||Auto Trader Dealer Websites||PREF||Persistent|
|Y||Auto Trader Dealer Websites||GEO||Session||YouTube|
|Y||Auto Trader Dealer Websites||use_hitbox||Session||YouTube|
|Y||Auto Trader Dealer Websites||recently_watched_video_id_list||Session||YouTube|
|Y||Auto Trader Dealer Websites||__utmz||Persistent||Google analytics|
|Y||Auto Trader Dealer Websites||__utmc||Session||Google analytics|
|Y||Auto Trader Dealer Websites||__utmb||Persistent||Google analytics|
|Y||Auto Trader Dealer Websites||__utma||Persistent||Google analytics|
|Autotrader UK||N||Auto Trader Dealer Websites||selectedArea||Persistent||Records which section of website settings page was selected|
|Autotrader UK||Y||Auto Trader Dealer Websites||RazsorRemarketing_12345||Persistent||Records user visit to website for the purpose of presenting display advertising on other websites|
|TURN||Y||Auto Trader Dealer Websites||r.turn.com||Persistent||Records user visit to website|
|Autotrader UK||N||Auto Trader Dealer Websites||bucket||Session||Records the type of device being used|
|Autotrader UK||N||Auto Trader Dealer Websites||at_px_vrm||Persistent||Stores vehicle registration data relating to part exchange valuations|
|Autotrader UK||N||Auto Trader Dealer Websites||at_px_mileage||Persistent||Stores vehicle mileage data relating to part exchange valuations|
|Autotrader UK||N||Auto Trader Dealer Websites||at_px_valuation||Persistent||Stores vehicle valuation data relating to part exchange valuations|
IMPORTANT LEGAL NOTICE
2. Our primary reason for collecting your personal data is to address enquiries and provide quotations which you may request on the Site from time to time and provide you with the most efficient service possible. We do not anticipate collecting or processing sensitive personal data about you.
4. Our Site may contain links to other websites. Please note that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other websites and advise you to read the privacy statements of each website you visit which collects personal data.
3. Our policy for processing your personal data
1. What personal data do we process and where do we get it from?
1.1 When you contact us via the "Contact Us" link on our Site or make use of the “Chat” function or contact us by telephone or email us we will collect personal data from you.
2. Personal data may also be obtained automatically by your internet browser.
3. If you request a quotation from us, we may collect personal data from you.
4. If you register for our referral scheme we will collect personal data relating to you and any individual you refer to us.
5. If we are given your personal data by another person who has referred you to us as part of our referral scheme we will use this personal data unless you ask us not to.
6. The types of personal data which we may collect from you could include, for example, your name, email address, postcode, telephone number and other information collected through our Site.
4. What do we do with your personal data?
1. We will process your personal data so that:
1. we can provide you with a quotation;
2. we can process online service bookings for you;
3. we can fulfil our obligations to you under any contract subject to the terms and conditions of our Site;
4. we can, where you register to participate in our referral scheme and refer other individuals to us,
(a) maintain records relating to your account in order to allow you to refer further individuals to us and to track your eligibility for any rewards;
(b) identify which individuals you have referred and tell them that they have been referred by you; and
(c) facilitate your receipt of any rewards you may be eligible for;
1. we can, where we have been given your personal data by another person who has referred you as part of our referral scheme, contact you with marketing communications and recommendations unless you ask us not to;
2. we can deal with the general queries you raise from time to time on our Site, by post or by email.
3. Other purposes for which we may process your personal data are:
3.1. the general administration of your records by us;
3.2. the general maintenance of our database and records by us;
3.3. to maintain records of payments made by you;
3.4. for credit referencing purposes;
3.5. for the purposes of training our employees and improving the services we provide to you;
3.6. for security purposes to protect your personal data held and/or processed by us;
3.7. for our general marketing purposes unless you have notified us to the contrary.